The Montessori School of Raleigh is committed to providing admission to qualified students regardless of their financial situation and to maintaining a student body that reflects the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds within our community.
As a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), we award tuition assistance strictly on the basis of demonstrated family financial need and awarded funds are determined using the Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) application process.
For helpful tools to use as you navigate the tuition assistance application, please refer to the following documents:
- Family Guide to Financial Aid (English)
- Family Guide to Financial Aid (Spanish)
- Parents' Financial Statement Workbook
- Other Parent Resources
Tuition Assistance Application Procedures
The Montessori School of Raleigh is committed to supporting a student through their life at MSR as long as there is demonstrated family financial need. Tuition assistance applications are made directly through Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS). TADS collects basic financial information on income, assets and liabilities, family size, siblings in tuition-based schools, and any special circumstances. The Montessori School of Raleigh Tuition Assistance Committee reviews this confidential information to determine a family’s eligibility for assistance. Students and families receiving assistance are also expected to respect the confidentiality of this information.
Timeline for Families
- October 3, 2022 | Tuition assistance applications portal open. Visit TADS to begin the application and submit supporting documentation on TADS’ secure site.
- December 2, 2022 | Returning family TADS tuition assistance application deadline for first consideration.
- January 9, 2023 | New family TADS tuition assistance application deadline for first consideration.
- February 1, 2023 | Final award letters sent out to returning enrollment families.
- February 17, 2023 | Final award letters sent out to new enrollment families for Toddler, Children’s House, and Kindergarten.
March 3, 2023 | Final award letters sent out to new enrollment families for Grades 1 to 12.
If the application for tuition assistance is completed by the deadlines noted above, award notification will be included with enrollment offers to returning students in February, and to new students in March. Failure to meet the deadlines above could result in a delayed award notification and/or depleted tuition assistance funds.
If an award is accepted by the family (by means of enrolling at MSR for the 2023-2024 school year), final 2022 tax documents must be submitted to TADS on or before June 1, 2023. The Montessori School of Raleigh reserves the right to review 2022 tax documentation and modify the tuition assistance award accordingly. If the tax documents are not submitted by June 1, 2023, the tuition assistance award will be forfeited and voided.