Upper School Spanish Instructor
Status: Part time/Exempt
Supervisor: Interim Middle School and Upper School Director
Location: In-person instruction at the Brier Creek Campus
Work Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 12:40 - 1:50 p.m. through December 19, 2021
The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR) seeks a 1/5 time Upper School Spanish Instructor to teach a high school Spanish II class for the 2021/2022 school year. Under the general direction of the Head of the Middle & Upper School, the Upper School & IB Spanish Instructor will work with students, faculty, staff, and parents to develop a comprehensive and rigorous Spanish curriculum.
The position will teach one section of US Spanish II. The is a one-year position teaching in the place of a faculty member taking leave. A candidate successfully completing this teaching assignment will be considered for available job openings at the position's conclusion.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Spanish or related educational field; must possess or have the ability to obtain North Carolina State Certification
- Prior experience in developing comprehensive Spanish curricula
- Knowledge of adolescent development, learning differences, resources, and current trends in education
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based on student learning needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and diverse learning community
- Student-centered, collegial, passionate, innovative
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a multifaceted Spanish curriculum utilizing experiential learning and constructivist philosophies
- Develop a variety of performance and written assessments to evaluate student learning and growth. throughout the academic program. Provide students with the necessary feedback, critical evaluation, encouragement, and support.
- Develop interactive lessons that develop students' abilities in Spanish speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Lead students to gain a richer understanding of themselves, their community, and the world
- Develop events and projects outside the classrooms, such as local field experiences and trips
- Work collaboratively and integrate lessons with other faculty
- Attend meetings for all faculty and staff
- Participate in and supervise spring and fall trips, if applicable
- Participate in student supervision, evening school events, occupations/clubs, intersessions, and after-school tutorials
- Attend meetings with other teaching staff, undertake professional development training, and meet with pupils' parents to discuss their progress at parents' evenings.
- Conduct professional development and parent programs as requested
- Keep up-to-date on new teaching methods and developments
- Teacher work day plus evenings and other times needed to accommodate parent meetings, workshops, testing and other responsibilities.
- An enthusiastic commitment to school life and to the unique mission of MSR
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.