Toddler & Children’s House Educational Resource
Supervisor: Director of Early Learning
Location: In-person at the Lead Mine Campus
Hours: Monday - Friday, 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
The Montessori School of Raleigh seeks Educational Resource individuals in the Toddler and Children’s House levels for the 2021/2022 school year beginning August 1, 2021. Under the general direction of the Director of Early Learning, the ideal candidate will assist the Montessori Lead teachers in either Toddler or Children's House and support the after-school program on The Montessori School of Raleigh’s Lead Mine Campus.
- High school diploma required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to school guidelines and professional standards
- Ensure safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Assist the Lead teachers in the general care of the Montessori environment, which may include refilling building supplies and proper, safe storage of inventory, maintaining commonly used supplies and materials in a clearly labeled location accessible for staff, repairing materials and equipment as directed, maintaining the inventory of the classroom janitorial supplies and replenishing when needed and assisting in the preparation of activity and project materials, maintaining the inventory of the classroom
- Provide supportive and collaborative partnership with the Lead teachers through consistent communication, which includes being a resource as a substitute for a classroom teacher, when necessary
- Supervise students that participate in after-care (3 - 6 p.m.)
- Attend all required faculty and team meetings
- Actively engage in assessment tools and programs
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Other duties as assigned
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.
MSR is accredited by AMS and SACS. The school offers a competitive salary. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.