Toddler Lead Teacher Long-Term Substitute
Status: Full time/Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Early Childhood
Location: In-person instruction at the Lead Mine Campus
The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR) seeks a long-term Substitute Toddler Lead Teacher beginning January 2022 to work for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year. Under the general direction of the Director of Early Childhood, the ideal candidate will lead a Toddler classroom and partner with an assistant teacher to oversee a class of students 15 months - 3 years of age. The Toddler Lead Teacher will challenge each child to reach his/her fullest potential academically, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment. This position has the potential to be contracted for the 2022-2023 school year as well.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Education or a related field
- Montessori Toddler Credentials (AMS or AMI)
- Minimum five years teaching experience at the Toddler level
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to AMS guidelines and professional standards
- Prepare and maintain a prepared Montessori environment in which the furnishings and materials are developmentally appropriate and provide academic purpose
- Deliver established Montessori scope and sequence
- Ensure safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative partnership with administration and colleagues to assist with curriculum development and implementation within the context of the School's overall program and mission
- Provide a supportive and collaborative partnership with the assistant teacher by communicating clear expectations of the assistant teacher's role
- Partner with Student Support Center to ensure student success and developmental readiness
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Attend all required faculty and team meetings
- Collaborate and participate within a divisional team and interdisciplinary teachers
- Maintain and participate in a home/school partnership by being open to consistent communication
- Maintain student record keeping, lesson planning, parent reports, and parent conferences
- Participate and help lead parent education evening events
- Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents. Be available to parents through written communication, setting up conferences, and educating parents in Montessori philosophy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference check with current employer (or most recent employer if not currently employed) and background investigation.
MSR is accredited by AMS and SACS. The school offers competitive salary and benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Toddler Lead - your last name.” No phone calls please.