Status: Full time/Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Early Childhood & Director of Lower School
Location: In-person instruction at the Lead Mine Campus
The Montessori School of Raleigh is a competitive, independent school in the Triangle area, offering an authentic Montessori and IB program to students 15 months to 18 years. MSR is accredited by AMS, SACS, and the IBO.
The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR) seeks a Spanish Teacher for the 2021/2022 school year beginning January 2022. Under the general direction of the Director of Early Childhood and the Director of the Lower School, the ideal candidate will teach Spanish classes for the Toddler House, Children’s House, and Lower Elementary Spanish programs.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Spanish, Education, or a related field required
- Montessori Credentials preferred
- Minimum five years Spanish teaching experience at the elementary level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to AMS guidelines and professional standards
- Ensure safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Establish and deliver Spanish scope and sequence curriculum
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative partnership with faculty and administration to assist with curriculum development and implementation within the context of the School's overall program and mission
- Participate in ongoing Professional Development
- Attend all required faculty and team meetings
- Participate in before-care, after-care, lunch, recess, and/or carline coverage, and parent education nights, as assigned
- Collaborate and participate within a divisional and interdisciplinary teams
- Maintain and participation in home/school partnership by being open to constant and consistent communication
- Partner with Student Support Center to ensure student success and developmental readiness
- Maintain student record keeping, lesson planning, parent reports, and parent conferences
- Commit to the mission and core values of MSR which include "respect, integrity, community, and love of learning"
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents, and other members of the MSR community
- Flexible team player with a "can-do" attitude
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in teams with a wide range of individuals
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference check with current employer (or most recent employer, if not currently employed) and background investigation.
About The Montessori School of Raleigh
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently ranked among the top places to live with strong job growth and a high quality of life. Top universities, a rich diversity of arts and cultural offerings, excellent health care, and lower than average housing costs, draw people in from all over the nation. Our mild climate and proximity to both beaches and mountains makes the Raleigh- Durham area an ideal place to live.