The Montessori School of Raleigh seeks a School Nurse to support growing technology and infrastructure needs as the school embarks on the next phase of growth and expansion.
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Classification: Level II Administrator—Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Head of School
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
● Support school’s pandemic response initiatives.
● Maintain current student medical files.
● Provide on-site emergency and general healthcare to students ages 15 months to 18 years and staff.
● Perform health screenings, including COVID-19 testing.
● Serve as liaison between school personnel, families, and community healthcare providers to ensure a healthy school environment.
● Develop plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care.
● Oversee medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans.
● Monitor immunization records, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment.
● Work alongside other members of the MSR team to establish infection control measures, and provide professional perspectives with regard to implementation of measures and procedures.
● Provide communication, both oral and written, and demonstrates thorough followthrough with families regarding health procedures and expectations.
● Oversee vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures.
● In coordination with senior administration, make decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance.
● Actively participate in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school.
● Coordinate referrals to private healthcare providers.
● Attends various committee meetings.
● Use a school-issued phone for all school-related calls and texts.
Qualifications for School Nurse
● Registered Nurse (RN) license or Nurse Practitioner.
● BLS/CPR certification.
● Knowledge of areas of health including mental health and infectious disease.
● Knowledge of North Carolina and/or independent school laws and policies.
● Strategic minded with a mind for designing effective plans and approaches.
● Ability to communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing.
● Ability to assess situations and act quickly.
● Knowledge of state health regulations.
● Ability to multitask.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Prolonged periods of standing, reaching, and bending.
● Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
● This position requires 5 days per week, 4 days on-site and 1 day remote. Hours are 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
● In addition, this position requires serving as the primary point of contact for families regarding school health needs. During COVID-19, this requires being on call during nights and weekends to field potential COVID case concerns.
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.