Supervisor: Division Directors
Location: In-person instruction at the Lead Mine Campus
The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR) seeks a Music and Theater Teacher for the 2021/2022 school year beginning August 1, 2021. Under the general direction of the division directors, the ideal candidate will lead music and theater classes for the Elementary, Middle, and Upper School program.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in music, theater, or a related field
- Montessori credentials preferred (AMI or AMS)
- Minimum five years teaching experience at the elementary level
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide students with the necessary feedback, critical evaluation, encouragement, and support
- Develop a variety of performance and written assessments to evaluate student learning and growth throughout the academic program.
- Work collaboratively and integrate lessons with other faculty, subjects, and divisions.
- Adhere to school guidelines and professional standards
- Ensure safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Deliver established music and theater scope and sequence
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative partnership with administration and colleagues to assist with curriculum development and implementation within the context of the School's overall program and mission
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Attend all required faculty and team meetings
- Participate in before-care, after-care, lunch, recess, and/or carline coverage, and parent education nights, as assigned
- Collaborate and participate within a divisional team and interdisciplinary teachers
- Maintain and participate in a home/school partnership by being open to constant and consistent communication
- Partner with Agility Lab to ensure student success and developmental readiness
- Maintain student record keeping, lesson planning, parent reports, and parent conferences
- Other duties as assigned
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.
MSR is accredited by AMS and SACS. The school offers a competitive salary. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.