Early Childhood Educational Resource and After-School Care Teacher 2022-2023
Supervisor: Lower School Director
Location: In-person at the Lead Mine Campus
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR) seeks an Early Childhood Educational Resource Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. Under the general direction of the Lower School Director, the ideal candidate will partner with the Infant, Toddler, and Children's House teams in providing support during the academic school days, as well as the After-School Care program. This role entails maintaining and providing an environment and experience as an extension of the school day which supports students, staff, parents, Montessori philosophy, and MSR policies.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in education or a related field
- Montessori experience preferred
- Teaching experience at the infant, toddler, or preschool levels
- Committed to the mission and core values of MSR which include "respect, integrity, community, and love of learning"
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents, and other members of the MSR community
- Flexible team player with "can-do" attitude
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in teams with a wide range of individuals
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and diverse learning community
- Student-centered, collegial, passionate, innovative
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to American Montessori Society (AMS) guidelines and professional standards
- Assist the classroom teachers in the general care of the Montessori environment, which may include refilling building supplies and proper, safe storage of inventory, maintaining commonly used supplies and materials in a clearly labeled location accessible for staff, repairing materials and equipment as directed, maintaining the inventory of the classroom janitorial supplies and replenishing when needed and assisting in the preparation of activity and project materials, maintaining the inventory of the classroom
- Provide supportive and collaborative partnership with the classroom teachers through consistent communication, which includes being a resource as a substitute for a classroom teacher, when necessary
- Prepare and maintain and After-Care environment in which the furnishings and materials are developmentally appropriate in providing care as an extension to the academic school day
- Plan, deliver, and supervise a developmentally appropriate and consistent schedule of activities for students from 3:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ensure safety and well-being of students
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative partnership with administration and colleagues to assist with curriculum development and implementation within the context of the School's overall program, mission, and core values
- Adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols, policies, and procedures, as well as maintain a clean environment with regard to hygiene
- Provide a supportive and collaborative partnership with the team
- Attend all required faculty and team meetings
- Collaborate and participate within a divisional team
- Maintain student record keeping and program planning
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents--be available to parents through written communication
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
The school offers competitive salary and benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Early Childhood Resource and After Care 22/23 - your last name." No phone calls please.
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference check from current employer (or most recent employer if not currently employed) and background investigation. All MSR personnel must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
About The Montessori School of Raleigh
Established in 1974, The Montessori School of Raleigh is a vibrant and exceptional independent Montessori school serving 370 students aged 15 months through 18 years. MSR’s beautifully designed and well-maintained Lead Mine Campus, situated on 10 acres in North Raleigh, comprises five buildings in a child-centered, village-like setting surrounded by wetlands and protected forest. Our Middle and Upper Schools are housed on an expansive 40-acre wooded campus in Brier Creek in Durham. Both sites were carefully planned and constructed to provide the nature-centered environments integral to Montessori practice.
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently ranked among the top places to live with strong job growth and a high quality of life. Top universities, a rich diversity of arts and cultural offerings, excellent health care, and lower than average housing costs, draw people in from all over the nation. Our mild climate and proximity to both beaches and mountains makes the Raleigh- Durham area an ideal place to live.