Director of Information Technology
The Montessori School of Raleigh seeks a new Director of Information Technology to support growing technology and infrastructure needs as the school embarks on the next phase of growth and expansion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide vision, leadership, and oversight for all technology functions and initiatives that support the mission of MSR, balancing short-term operational needs with the long-term strategic goals of the school.
● Supervise the evaluation, acquisition, installation, and maintenance of information and communications technology hardware and software to support instructional and business needs of MSR and implement innovative technological solutions.
● Lead the effort to create and implement a comprehensive technology plan that serves the current needs of the School and anticipates future needs.
● Compile and maintain documentation of network systems, operational procedures, and network topology.
● Provide oversight and maintenance of MSR’s network and infrastructure across both campuses, including operating systems, servers, switches, wireless access points, cabling, firewalls, traffic-shaping devices, etc., ensuring alignment with operational needs.
● Develop appropriate technology policies and governance structures in collaboration with administration, and provide training programs and professional development opportunities for staff and faculty to better understand MSR’s systems, policies, and IT structures.
● Serve as email administrator, managing account creation, deactivation, security settings, and email policies.
● Support the on-boarding and off-boarding of MSR employees including equipment needs.
● Work alongside Director of Buildings & Grounds to ensure the MSR technology network and infrastructures support B&G systems such as emergency notification systems, fire alarms, and security systems.
● Work alongside the Director of Educational Technology to ensure educational technology needs are met and aligned with MSR’s technology plan.
● Ensure appropriate system backups are in place for execution of a Continuity of Operations plan.
● Assure the security and validity of electronic School information, including managing and monitoring anti-virus, malware, and network security, ensuring compliance on all systems.
● Manage and support MSR’s internet and VOIP connections.
● Oversee and provide the following technical support to the MSR community:
● Provide end user support for Mac OS X, iOS, and Windows laptops, desktops, tablets, and peripheral equipment.
● Provide support for software applications, network security, OS security, and virus protection across the platforms.
● Provide complete support for telephone and voicemail systems.
● Provide support for projectors, copiers, printers, and AV equipment.
● Provide support for in-services, workshops, and orientations.
● Provide technical support for teachers and students.
● Verify that any/all issues have been resolved for any updates or repairs.
● Committed to MSR’s mission, values, and long-term operational success.
● Has excellent organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and has ability to work on multiple projects successfully.
● Proficient with Mac OS X, Apple iOS, and Chrome OS.
● Knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 7, and Android OS.
● Thorough knowledge and background in a broad range of technology areas, including academic and administrative computing, instructional technologies, broadband solutions, enterprise software solutions, and information security.
● Experience configuring network infrastructure, including setup and maintenance of routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling, and security devices).
● Experience within a facility utilizing a variety of institutional and educational software applications.
● Possesses solid analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills with the ability to manage conflict.
● Possesses outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills, with a professional and empathetic approach.
● Has a proven record of project management and leadership skills.
● Strives for continuous improvement and solicits feedback to improve service.
● Maintains confidentiality.
● Has excellent executive functioning skills, takes initiative, and follows through in order to achieve goals.
● Understands, appreciates, and is sensitive to a diverse clientele.
● Maintains excellent communication with all end users, colleagues, and consultants.
● Interact with students, colleagues, consultants, and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.