Children’s House Lead Teacher
The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR) seeks a Children’s House Lead Teacher for the 2021/2022 school year beginning August 1, 2021. Under the general direction of the Director of the Lower School, the ideal candidate will lead a Children’s House classroom and partner with an assistant to oversee a class of students 3-6 years of age. The Children’s House Lead Teacher will challenge each child to reach his/her fullest potential academically, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment.
Status: Full time/Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Lower School
Location: In-person instruction at the Lead Mine Campus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education or a related field
- Montessori Children’s House/Primary Credentials (AMS or AMI)
Minimum five years teaching experience at the Children’s House level
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to AMS guidelines and professional standards
- Prepare and maintain a prepared Montessori environment in which the furnishings and materials are developmentally appropriate and provide academic purpose
- Deliver established Montessori scope and sequence
- Ensure safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative partnership with administration and colleagues to assist with curriculum development and implementation within the context of the School's overall program and Mission
- Provide a supportive and collaborative partnership with the Assistant by communicating clear expectations of the Assistant’s role
- Partner with Agility Lab to ensure student success and developmental readiness
- Participate in ongoing Professional Development
- Attend all required faculty and team meetings
- Collaborate and participate within a divisional team and interdisciplinary teachers
- Maintain and participate in a home/school partnership by being open to constant and consistent communication
- Maintain student record keeping, lesson planning, parent reports, and parent conferences
- Participate and help lead Parent Education evening events
- Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents. Be available to parents through written communication, setting up conferences, and educating parents in Montessori philosophy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.
MSR is accredited by AMS and SACS. The school offers competitive salary and benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Children’s House Lead Teacher - your last name.” No phone calls please.