Associate Director of Marketing and Communications
MSR seeks an Associate Director of Marketing and Communications. The Associate Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing marketing content for multiple contexts to include website, publications, social media, advertising, and other related marketing platforms as part of the ongoing development and implementation of the communications strategy for the School.
Status: Full time/Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Advancement and Communications
Location: Lead Mine Campus
Hours: 8 am - 4 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing & Publicity
- Develop, create, and deliver print and digital materials in support of admission, fundraising, academic, and other functions of the School
- Develop, create, and deliver advertising collateral for multiple platforms
- Assist with implementation of advertising strategy at the direction of the Director
- Create video content using existing collateral for use across multiple marketing platforms including school website, social media, digital advertising, and e-communications
- Assist with maintaining and development MSR's website content (written, photographic, graphic content) to ensure content is current, relevant, and in alignment with the School's communications strategy
- Track and report on website analytics
- Project manage production and development of marketing collateral and other project work at the direction of the Director
- Photograph events, students, and other appropriate subjects for use in publications, social media, website, and advertising
- In partnership with Director, identify and manage publicity opportunities across multiple outlets to include:
- Promotion of special events, milestones, activities
- Implementation of communications plans for events, milestones, etc.
- Submission of public-facing MSR events/news to print and online community calendars
- Provide writing and proofreading assistance as requested including, but not limited to: weekly e-newsletters; development, admission, SummerScape, academic, and other print materials
- Manage and build engagement across MSR's social media, to include MSR's Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter pages
- Develop and implement social media strategy in support of school objectives
- Report on social media metrics and analytics and provide recommendations
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. Employees are required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by those authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The Associate Director of Marketing and Communications should possess at minimum:
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years experience in a related field, or any appropriate combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop to include general photography and photo editing skills
- Experience in communications, journalism, or public relations preferred
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and an ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro video-editing software helpful
- Experience with Google analytics helpful
- Experience with Veracross Composer helpful
- Independent school or private college experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible team play with "can-do" attitude
- Ability to collaborate and interact positively with a wide range of individuals
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Work in a fast-paced environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office environment spending extended periods of time at a desk and working on a computer
- Regularly sit, talk, hear, and interact with students, parents, employees, visitors
- Occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Regularly uses close and distance vision
- Turn, bend, and reach.
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.