Status: Full time/Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Educational Technology and Interdisciplinary Studies
Location: In-person instruction at the Lead Mine Campus and the Brier Creek Campus
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR) seeks an Art Teacher for the 2022/2023 school year. Under the general direction of the Director of Educational Technology and Interdisciplinary Studies, with support from the Lower School Director and the Middle and Upper School Director, the ideal candidate will lead studio art classes for Children’s House through Upper School. This position will also support two independent studies with Upper School students and teach an after school Art Studio once per week with Lower School students.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field
- Montessori Credentials preferred (AMS or AMI)
- Minimum five years teaching experience at various grade levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Committed to the mission and core values of MSR, which include "respect, integrity, community, and love of learning"
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents, and other members of the MSR community
- Flexible team player with a "can-do" attitude
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in teams with a wide range of individuals
- Committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and diverse learning community
- Student-centered, collegial, passionate, innovative
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to AMS and IBO guidelines and professional standards
- Ensure safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Establish and deliver art education scope and sequence curriculum
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative partnership with faculty and administration to assist with curriculum development and implementation within the context of the School's overall program and mission
- Participate in ongoing Professional Development
- Attend all required faculty and team meetings
- Participate in before care, after care, lunch, recess, and/or carline coverage, and parent education nights, as assigned
- Collaborate and participate within a divisional and interdisciplinary teams
- Maintain and participation in home/school partnership by being open to constant and consistent communication
- Partner with Student Support Center to ensure student success and developmental readiness
- Maintain student record keeping, lesson planning, parent reports, and parent conferences
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation. All MSR personnel must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
MSR is accredited by AMS. The school offers competitive salary and benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Art Teacher - [your last name]." No phone calls, please.
About the Montessori School of Raleigh
Established in 1974, The Montessori School of Raleigh is a vibrant and exceptional, independent Montessori school serving 360 students aged 15 months through 18 years. MSR’s beautifully designed and well-maintained Lead Mine Campus, situated on 10 acres in North Raleigh, comprises five buildings in a child-centered, village-like setting surrounded by wetlands and protected forest. Our Middle and Upper Schools are housed on an expansive 40-acre wooded campus in Brier Creek in Durham. Both sites were carefully planned and constructed to provide the nature-centered environments integral to Montessori practice.
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently ranked among the top places to live with strong job growth and a high quality of life. Top universities, a rich diversity of arts and cultural offerings, excellent health care, and lower than average housing costs, draw people in from all over the nation. Our mild climate and proximity to both beaches and mountains makes the Raleigh- Durham area an ideal place to live.