After-School Care Teacher 2023-2024
Supervisor: Lower School Director
Location: In-person instruction at the Lead Mine Campus
Hours: Monday - Friday, 2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR) seeks After-School Care Teachers for the 2023-2024 school year. Under the general direction of the Lower School Director and Auxiliary Programs Manager, the ideal candidate will partner with faculty in providing support and supervision during the after school care program from 2:30 - 5:30 p.m. This role entails maintaining and providing an environment and experience as an extension of the school day which supports students, staff, parents, Montessori philosophy, and MSR policies. Positions are available to work with students ages 15 months to grade 6. This position will be expected to work full days on school in-service days, conference days, school half-days, and during Spring Break.
Established in 1974, MSR is a vibrant and exceptional independent Montessori and International Baccalaureate (IB) World School school in the Triangle area serving 400+ students aged 6 weeks through 18 years. MSR is committed to the intellectual, ethical, and personal development of our students. Our beautifully designed and well-maintained Lead Mine Campus, situated on 10 acres in North Raleigh, comprises five buildings in a child-centered, village-like setting surrounded by wetlands and protected forest. Our Middle and Upper Schools are housed on an expansive 40-acre wooded campus in Brier Creek in Durham. Both sites were carefully planned and constructed to provide the nature-centered environments integral to Montessori practice. Driven by our core values of “Respect,” “Integrity,” “Community” and “Love of Learning,” MSR welcomes prospective employees of all backgrounds. We are committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a comprehensive compensation plan, including competitive salary and an expansive benefits package. MSR is accredited by AMS and the IBO. All MSR employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Childcare or teaching experience
- Committed to the mission and core values of MSR which include “Respect, Integrity, Community and Love of Learning”
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents and other members of the MSR community
- Flexible team player with “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in teams with a wide range of individuals
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and diverse learning community
- Student-centered, collegial, passionate, innovative
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to American Montessori Society (AMS) guidelines and professional standards
- Prepare and maintain an After-School Care environment in which the furnishings and materials are developmentally appropriate in providing care as an extension to the academic school day
- Supervise a developmentally appropriate and consistent schedule of activities for students from 2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Ensure safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative partnership with administration and colleagues to assist with curriculum development and implementation within the context of the School's overall program, mission, and core values
- Adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols, policies, and procedures, as well as maintain a clean environment with regard to hygiene
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Attend all required faculty and team meetings
- Collaborate and participate within a divisional team
- Maintain student record keeping and program planning
- Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference check with current employer (or most recent employer if not currently employed) and background investigation.
MSR is accredited by AMS. The school offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line of “ After School Care Teacher 23/24- your last name.” No phone calls please.
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently ranked among the top places to live with strong job growth and a high quality of life. Top universities, a rich diversity of arts and cultural offerings, excellent health care, and lower than average housing costs, draw people in from all over the nation. Our mild climate and proximity to both beaches and mountains makes the Raleigh- Durham area an ideal place to live.