Administrative Support Manager and Registrar
Status: Full time/Non-exempt
Classification: 12-month Administrator
Supervisors: Chief of Staff (COS)
Location: In-person at the Lead Mine Campus
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
MSR seeks an Administrative Support Manager and Registrar for its Lead Mine Campus (LMC), who will be the face for the LMC administrative office, communicating professionalism, friendliness, competency, and hospitality to all who visit or contact the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets all visitors and provides a thoughtful, warm presence, and provides guidance for parents, guests, students, and employees
- Ensures front door is locked at all times and that all visitors comply with safety protocols
- Answers phones in a professional and timely way and directs calls for efficiency
- Collects and transmits messages accurately and in a timely fashion
- Programs and maintains the telephone system and the employee phone directory, and sets messaging for office closures throughout the year
- Signs for packages and deliveries, manages outgoing mail, oversees employee mailboxes, and manages postage machine
- Under the direction of the COS, maintains the Administrative and School-wide calendars in Veracross, and attends and takes minutes at Calendar and Logistics meetings
- Monitors and distributes all-school student attendance each morning, and regularly updates Veracross system with attendance-related notations according to front-desk log
- Partners with Lower School Director to manage substitute teacher calendar
- Under the direction of the COS and Chief Operations Officer, participates in campus drills and maintains safety binders
- Under the direction of the COS, organizes school picture coordination with school's photographer, including individual, group, and sport photos throughout the year
- Liaison between school photographer and yearbook staff to ensure all school photos are scheduled, prepared, and sent in a timely fashion for the yearly publication
- In partnership with the school photographer and marketing team, create ID badges for employees
- In partnership with the COS and Enrollment Management team, performs registrar duties for LMC students to include: report cards, test scores, confidential records; coordinates cumulative student records including new student entries and withdrawals
- Oversees reservations through a Google Calendar for the Idea Suite meeting space, and manages meetings to include Zoom/intercom set-up, refreshments, and food ordering
- Monitors and maintains adequate inventory of office supplies, and maintains budgeting log related to inventory
- Manages administrative kitchen, including supplies and ensuring cleanliness
- Serves as the all-school My Hot Lunchbox (MHLB) coordinator, ensuring MHLB receives the yearly calendar and daily lunch deliveries are accurate at LMC
- Assists in planning periodic employee appreciation and celebration events
- Maintains a neat, orderly, and organized lobby and reception area
- Collaborates with Brier Creek Administrative Support Manager & Registrar
- Other duties assigned by the Head of School
- Is committed to the mission and core values of MSR, which include "respect, integrity, community, and love of learning"
- Understands the importance of and is committed to creating positive perceptions with all who engage with the school and has the ability to manage conflict
- Has excellent organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and has ability to work on multiple projects successfully
- Possesses solid analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills, and takes initiative and follows through in order to achieve goals
- Possesses strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with a professional and empathetic approach
- Is competent in database systems, and has a willingness to learn Veracross
- Is proficient with Mac OS and Google applications
Interpersonal and Professional Qualities
- Develops strong working relationships with employees at all levels of the institution
- Owns results
- Strives for continuous improvement and solicits feedback to improve service
- Maintains confidentiality and understands, appreciates, and is sensitive to a diverse clientele
- Projects a can-do approach to problems and persistence in the face of adversity
- Possesses a healthy sense of humor
The school offers competitive salary and benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Admin Support Manager - your last name." No phone calls please.
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference check from current employer (or most recent employer if not currently employed) and background investigation. All MSR personnel must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
About The Montessori School of Raleigh
Established in 1974, The Montessori School of Raleigh is a vibrant and exceptional independent Montessori school serving 370 students aged 15 months through 18 years. MSR’s beautifully designed and well-maintained Lead Mine Campus, situated on 10 acres in North Raleigh, comprises five buildings in a child-centered, village-like setting surrounded by wetlands and protected forest. Our Middle and Upper Schools are housed on an expansive 40-acre wooded campus in Brier Creek in Durham. Both sites were carefully planned and constructed to provide the nature-centered environments integral to Montessori practice.
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently ranked among the top places to live with strong job growth and a high quality of life. Top universities, a rich diversity of arts and cultural offerings, excellent health care, and lower than average housing costs, draw people in from all over the nation. Our mild climate and proximity to both beaches and mountains makes the Raleigh- Durham area an ideal place to live.