Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: In-person at the Lead Mine Campus
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Montessori School of Raleigh seeks a detail-oriented Accounting Manager to join its Business Office. The Accounting Manager will serve as the student billing administrator, oversee accounts payable processes, and support general Business Office operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes student enrollment contracts and prepares tuition invoices in Veracross
- Ensures payment of auxiliary program fees
- Monitors student balances and communicates with families regarding balances due and late fees
- Reviews and inputs daily credit card and ACH batches into QuickBooks
- Processes weekly bank deposits
- Posts annual fund gifts and enters new pledges into QuickBooks
- Compiles and maintains accounts payable records, including inputting invoices into QuickBooks and preparing weekly disbursements
- Monitors company credit card accounts for activity, and distributes and collects monthly credit card statements to/from cardholders
- Serves as primary administrator for the school's Amazon Prime account, approving purchases, adding users, and reconciling monthly activity for payment
- Makes purchases for third-party vendors on behalf of faculty as needed
- Maintains student billing, accounts payable, and deposit files
- Participates in monthly financial closing procedures and annual audit process
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
The Accounting Manager:
- Is committed to the mission and core values of MSR which include "respect, integrity, community, and love of learning"
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents, and other members of the MSR community and engages with community members in a courteous and respectful manner
- Has a least five years of relevant accounting experience
- Holds a high school diploma or GED, and a postsecondary credential
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is competent in GAAP accounting concepts and possesses advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks Online
- Is confident working with database systems, and has a willingness to learn Veracross
- Is proficient with MAC OS and Google applications
- Has impeccable attention to detail
- Has excellent organization skills and an ability to work on multiple projects successfully
- Possesses solid analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills with the ability to manage conflict
- Strives for continuous improvement and solicits feedback to improve service
- Maintains confidentiality
- Fosters teamwork, coaches, gives feedback, involves, and inspires others
- Sees opportunity to change
- Owns results
- Projects a winning attitude, a can-do approach to problems, and persistence in the face of adversity
- Possesses a healthy sense of humor.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work in a fast-paced environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office environment spending extended periods of time at a desk and working on a computer
- Regularly sit, talk, hear, and interact with students, parents, staff, and visitors
- Occasionally life up to 30 pounds
- Regularly use close and distance vision
- Turn, bend, and reach.
The school offers competitive salary and benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Accounting Manager - your last name." No phone calls please.
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference check from current employer (or most recent employer if not currently employed) and background investigation.
About The Montessori School of Raleigh
Established in 1974, The Montessori School of Raleigh is a vibrant and exceptional independent Montessori school serving 370 students aged 15 months through 18 years. MSR’s beautifully designed and well-maintained Lead Mine Campus, situated on 10 acres in North Raleigh, comprises five buildings in a child-centered, village-like setting surrounded by wetlands and protected forest. Our Middle and Upper Schools are housed on an expansive 40-acre wooded campus in Brier Creek in Durham. Both sites were carefully planned and constructed to provide the nature-centered environments integral to Montessori practice.
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently ranked among the top places to live with strong job growth and a high quality of life. Top universities, a rich diversity of arts and cultural offerings, excellent health care, and lower than average housing costs, draw people in from all over the nation. Our mild climate and proximity to both beaches and mountains makes the Raleigh- Durham area an ideal place to live.