A highly professional, diverse, and stable faculty and staff lies at the heart of MSR’s success.
Teachers engage, inspire, and challenge young learners in multi-age classes that foster warm, lasting relationships—a hallmark for the school’s experience for faculty, students and parents alike.
Strong hiring, fine facilities and materials, sound fiscal management, strong compensation and benefits, and a grounded educational philosophy driven by a clear educational and institutional mission are the bedrock of our strength.
MSR’s beautifully designed and well maintained Lead Mine Campus, situated on 10 acres in North Raleigh, comprises five buildings in a child-centered, village like setting surrounded by wetlands and protected forest. Our Middle and Upper Schools are housed on an expansive 40-acre wooded campus in Brier Creek. Both sites were carefully planned and constructed to provide the nature-centered environments integral to Montessori practice.
Maintenance Assistant/Bus Driver (CDL preferred but willing to send for training)
Will perform a wide variety of maintenance, repair, grounds keeping and other interior and exterior maintenance duties for the school under the supervision of the Director of Buildings and Grounds. Will also be responsible for driving morning and/or evening bus routes and fieldtrips. This position will map bus route(s) and schedule student pick up and drop off times. Performs routine bus inspections and take the buses for maintenance and/or repairs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Perform routine interior and exterior maintenance duties as scheduled & requested; may include painting, snow/ice removal, gutter cleaning, replacing filters, working with ongoing program needs, etc.
Perform routine maintenance and repair on School Community equipment to include: plumbing, light bulb replacement, A/C maintenance, electrical, carpentry and mechanical repairs
Respond to all repair requests and maintenance concerns from administrators, teachers and staff
Ensure that all maintenance items are kept in a safe area
Attend in-service training and education sessions, as assigned
Work with vendors as instructed, including vendors for landscaping, painting asphalt, etc.
Obtain directions and drive the school bus for assigned routes and fieldtrips
Create new bus routes each school year and summer, add new students as requested
Perform daily bus inspection
Take bus for routine servicing (oil changes, fill up gas tank, etc.)
Maintain first aid kit
Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must understand and have ability to repair, plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry and mechanical systems
- Must be available to work days and evenings, weekdays, and weekends
- Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional School Community service
- Must demonstrate ability to successfully work on a team
- Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Education and Background:
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- High School degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years previous maintenance experience desired preferably in a similar facility
- Possess valid driver’s license (CDL with class B, PS endorsements preferred but willing to send for training)
- Good driving record
- Read, write, and communicate effectively in English
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
MSR seeks a Children’s House Assistant Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year beginning in November. Under the general direction of the Curriculum Coordinator and the Head of the Lower School, the ideal candidate would assist a lead teacher in a Children’s House classroom for students 3-6 years. We would like candidates who hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education. They should have previous experience in Early Childhood environments. This employee will be responsible for adhering to and supporting our MSR Mission and Vision. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Assisting with delivering established Montessori scope and sequence
- Part a large role in the prepared environment of the classroom
- Participating in ongoing Professional Development
- Attendance at all required faculty and team meetings
- Full collaboration and participation within a divisional team
- Participate and help lead Parent Ed evening events
- Other duties as assigned
MSR is accredited by AMS and SACS. The school offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSR seeks a Lower Elementary Co-Lead Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year beginning in January. Under the general direction of the Curriculum Coordinator, the ideal candidate would co-lead a Lower Elementary classroom and oversee students 6-9 years of age. Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, and must have Montessori Lower Elementary Credentials. This candidate should have at least 5 years of teaching experience at the Elementary level. This employee will be responsible for adhering to and supporting our MSR Mission and Vision. Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Safety and well-being of students in the classroom
• Delivering established Montessori scope and sequence
• Participating in ongoing Professional Development
• Attendance at all required faculty and team meetings
• Full collaboration and participation within a divisional team and Interdisciplinary teachers
• Required to complete student record keeping, lesson planning, parent reports and parent conferences
• Participate and help lead Parent Ed evening events
• Partner with Agility Lab to ensure student success and developmental readiness
• Other duties as assigned
MSR is accredited by AMS and SACS. The school offers competitive salary and benefits.
MSR is always looking to add flexible substitute teachers to our on-call list which we use as needed to provide coverage when full-time teachers need to be out. We are seeking reliable and hard working adults to support our students in Toddler (18 months) through 12th grade. We are looking for caring and energetic people who can work in both a co-lead environment (academic classrooms) or on their own (Interdisciplinary) to maintain a safe learning environment, provide support to students, implement lesson plans, collaborate and communicate with students and teachers and staff, to ensure a consistent experience for our students. The ideal candidate must be professional and have a passion for working with children and be willing to learn and support the Montessori method. Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
MSR welcomes employment inquiries at any time during the year. In general, most interviewing and hiring for faculty positions occurs in the winter/spring; however, we will accept resumes throughout the year. If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification.
MSR is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.